Friday, February 10, 2012

Challenger RPG - A Free Roleplaying Game Kindle Book

A free Kindle ebook that is a RPG (role playing game). Tres cool for RPG fans, like myself!
  "Game Features: Free, 20+ Races, 36 Classes, 50+ skills including: specific skills, broad skills, power skills, and special ability skills. GM rolls no dice, completely player-driven approach to gaming with a core mechanic using the d20 and set damage ratings for most weapons so combat is faster and more furious than ever before. 2x faster combat than 4E Dungeons and Dragons. More than 60 Pages of GM advice useable with any system. New rules on stacking monsters, monster subtypes, magic items, a list of monsters for use with Challenger, traps, and rules on non-combat obstacles complete with TN's. The rules on Base Skills have been removed and clarified. No more must you roll 75 different base skills to start play. It's as simple as choosing your skills, classes, race, 5 powers, purchasing equipment and calculating your stats and you're done! New rules on armor, equipment, and improved background powers to further detail your character like never before. Crazy races have been ditched and new races combined to make the rules on races simpler, more flexible, and even more entertaining! You'll still find the classic traits generator for your character, improved formatting thanks to the masterful Matt Fleming (soon to be included in the game credits) and fantastic artwork by the incomparable L.E.C.D. Remember: The whole thing's free to download in the sample. If this product doesn't live up to your highest expectations, please let me know! I humbly beg you to bestow your great wisdom on my careless and idiotic mistakes. Thank you"
.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the great post and the compliments. I really appreciate it, Angie.

    Feel free to write me a letter, e-mail, tweet, or whichever any time. My twitter account is @DavidBobDostaler and I'd love to follow your feed if you have one.

    I'm a pretty open kind of guy and I always love to get feedback on my work if you have any recommendations, critiques or comments.

    I should also have a paperback version of the book coming out this April through Amazon if you'd like a free promo copy. You can see the promo offer here: http://www.amazon.com/Challenger-Free-Roleplaying-Game-ebook/dp/B005ALS1V4

    I know it says it's for playtesters, but if you just want a free copy let me know. I feel you well deserve it for creating this fine blog and the great review of my book.

    Anyways, thanks so much again, I hope your blog does awesomely well.

    --David L. Dostaler
    Author, Challenger RPG

    ReplyDelete